Saturday, December 6, 2008

One Monster Day

Hannah and Wamber participated in the Monster Concert today. That's where they get about 14 pianos and that many pairs of kids up on stage to play the same duet at the same time. It sounds pretty awesome, and the kids did great. They used to do this at the mall, but now they do it in the new performing arts building at Hillcrest High. Marianne and I did it long ago and it wasn't a Christmas concert then, but I still remember the duets we played and what they sounded like!

I finally let Hannah pierce her ears (more like I finally convinced her to do it and Grandma didn't talk her out of it this time, but hey--she likes this version better). Her studs are her birthstones, and she seems to be quite taken with them. Now Wamber wants to do this, so I told her she could do hers on her birthday if she still wanted them done.

1 comment:

roberta said...

Darn you Sara, you needed to tell me this, and I would of made sure to have been there. I love the piano concerts and miss them terribly. Since little Katelyn just plays the flute, we don't do many piano concerts anymore.

Hey, maybe we should get Hannah and Katelyn together to do a piano and flute duet, then they could play at church.

Congratulations Hannah, I will be looking for your "new look," tomorrow at school. Love ya, Auntie Berta