
Ah, the first big blizzard has come, just in time for Christmas, too. Grandpa came and rousted out the troops to scrape the driveway off. It looked really good for about half an hour, then the wind kicked up and filled it in again. Oh, well, at least they had fun. (I think we ended up with about 8-10 inches.) I'm of the opinion that school needs to go until at least the 23rd. My kids are wound tighter than piano strings. This year, since Christmas is on Thursday, they have had from Saturday until Wednesday to brew. I have had to initiate emergency house cleaning measures to keep from chucking the lot of them into a snowdrift. On second thought, they'd probably like that too much. Therefore, we are just hangin' out today, since I'm not at all sure I can get out of my own driveway, much less negotiate the Eastview Street of Snow Hell, to visit Grandma. As for Christmas,. if I don't got it, I don't need it now--the peaople are just too much when added in with the road conditions.
1 comment:
Oh wow, how fast we forget. YOU WANT ME TO GO INSANE WITH THE NEIGHBOORHOOD KIDS UNTIL THE 23rd. Are you crazy? In fact, as much as I still enjoy teaching, I truly needed this break. I am actually excited about going back. I know your excited about your kids going back too.
The snow picture look great. I hate it though, but the kids do love it. What do you mean, your Father clears out your driveway? Or did you mean your parents driveway, and your kids helped. Just wondering.
Love ya, Auntie Berta
Post a Comment