Ground Control to Major Tom.... Look like flight controllers, don't they? Apparently, these are headphones especially for the Nintendo DS--speaker mike, volume control and all. They have cut down on the hollering at those games that require a verbal command, though, and I don't have to listen to annoying Mario music ever again! Yayyyyy!
Katherine wanted a camera more than anything, and she got a kiddie digital. She has snapped several hundred pictures, and who knows how much video with it, and it even plays games. My favorite part is where you can put a pig nose on someone in the picture. (Hannah noticed me taking this, and reacted predictably.)
David has been monopolizing his sister's little handheld game from V-Tech. so he got a Leapster of his own. I think he spent about 11 of his waking 12 hours on Christmas Day playing with it. The games are all sneakily educational, though, so he doesn't know that he is learning something to do with numbers or letters or other stuff when he plugs in. Play on, dude.
Josie didn't get much in the way of new toys. I just dug out all the old ones from the other kids, and wrapped them up. She didn't care, and neither did anyone else. I did le ther have that candy cane for a while, though. Boy, was she mad when I took it away and cleaned her up, but she enjoyed the sticky goodness. After that, though, she kept trying to steal one off the tree.
New games are a big part of our Christmas, and this year seemed to favor card games. Here are someof the rabble enjoying one of those games. I consider it a tradition, even though it doesn't seem like one.
Here is my little helper helping Grandma to vaccuum up the kitchen (he made the mess, too, but at lest he cleaned up after getting caught dumping stuff on the floor).
This picture I included because it made me chuckle. I think Rett is actually watching people play with the Wii, but it looks for all the world like he is planning to do something to his Mommy's bare toes, doesn't it?
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment