Friday, March 20, 2009

Gearing Up...

OK--I have three girls now, who are interested in doing things. Every thing they hear about. Even Cal Ripken baseball, because it came home in a note from school. so they must do it. AYSO is the closest I will go to that, and all three wanted to play soccer. Who am I to say no in the face of such dedicated pleading? It gets them out of the house and running around, plus it's stinkin' hilarious a lot of the time. Anyway, I forgot about practices and crazy coaches. They are in three different divisions, which means three different days for games. Ha. Hannah practices two nights a week, and still has piano and mutual too. Good thing the crazy softball coaches are not in charge this year, or Hannah would never see the inside of the house. They are having open gym once a week for a while. Anyway, I got accused of overscheduling, but I tried to be sneaky, so that's what I get, I suppose. Last year, piano and soccer practice were both on Wednesday, and games were Thursday. Aha, I think to myself, I will schedule piano on Tuesday this year, because there's a two hour break between that and mutual. This time, the soccer practices on Tuesday and the games are on Wednesday. I really tried, honest. The Demon God of Forethought hates me. No such problems for Wamber, however. Her coach is not insane. Hannah's had his team list for about 5 minutes before he had everyone called and practice set up for three days later. He's good, though, and she likes him a lot, so I'm willing to put up with a bit. She's only doing three extracurricular activities, but it looks like an awful lot because everything ended up on the same two days. Kate is going to play this year--I can hardly wait. This ought to be really good. Oh, Hannah's team is pink this year. Hee hee hee! It's powder pink, not cool hot pink. Hee hee hee! She's pretty disgusted with it, but Kate is jealous. Wamber just kind of slides along, Wamber-fashion, not saying much, but I think she's excited to be playing too. She told me she wanted to play softball, but only if she didn't have to hit off a tee. I assured her that she was old enough for the pitching machine now. Maybe I can motivate Hannah if Wamber gives her a little competition in the throwing with accuracy department.

1 comment:

ingletg said...

And now Kate has discovered T-Ball. One full schedule, I'd say! When are we going to get to go camping??!!