Milestones are supposed to bring pride in accomplishment, not to mention they are a guide to how well your baby is developing. Right? Right??? Not all milestones bring joy in accomplishment, however. Well, Josie is developing quite well, and her latest milestone is proof of that. I'm not talking about pulling up or cruising or saying "dada", oh no. I'm talking about the Poo Milestone. That's right. This is the one where the baby is crawling around on the floor and you notice a large brown spot on her back. But hold it, the fun doesn't stop there! When you take off her jammies and her onesie (by no means an easy task), you discover that half of the poo has oozed out of the top of the diaper and pasted itself onto the inside of the onesie.
The inside of the entire back of the onesie. Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!! Now you know why the necks of those things are put together the way they are: it's so you can get the thing off without smearing poo all over in the baby's hair by pulling it down off her feet. This is an overnight effort we are talking about here, so.... Well, obviously, any number of wipies will not get her clean at this point, so into the tub she goes. A magnificent effort at this particular milestone has assured me that Josie's pooper at least is developing nicely.
Of course, how could you stay disgusted with this for very long??? Look at the teeth!

I couldn't either. So here's to the most fragrant and spectacular of baby milestones: the Poo Milestone! (By the way, Hannah reached hers by getting her diaper undone in her crib and decorating all her bedding and her toes with the contents. I had to duct tape her diapers after that one. She was a little older, though, because I heard her saying "toes" and crying in there--she couldn't get the poo off her toes and it was stressing her out!)
On a cleaner note--I apparently have a Goth boy wannabe. David has on Travis' sweatshirt here, but I think all he needs is a scythe and he's good to go for Grim Reaper status.
No comments:
Post a Comment