Saturday, November 29, 2008

Giving Thanks...but not for Turkey!

My kids love a holiday--especially one where they can get together with other little kids and make a great deal of noise. The dinner isn't the highlight for them, or even the pie. No, what they look forward to is.....cousins! This year, they had four of them to play with, and they were close in age (and size). Here we have the main group:

From left to right, we have Sierra, Kate, Sabina, Treela, and Amber. Treela is taller than Amber, and she is only 7. It's not fair, I tell you, to have all the short genes and pass them on! They are all good friends, though, and made an almighty mess of the art supplies making their own books and writing a play to direct into a movie (to be shot on Amber's little Nikon).

Even Josie found a friend, although that friend (Merica) is twice as old, and way more mobile. Thus, she could get all the good toys first. It's lucky Josie doesn't care what she's left with, so long as there are people to see and something to whack.

David didn't seem to mind hanging with a pack of girls. (The only other boy there was a baby 6 weeks old.) He drew pictures and chased around with the best of them--he fits right in. I don't know whether to be excited about that, or worried. :) I think when this was taken, he had just done something evil to someone (or was thinking about what he could do).

We can't forget about Hannah. She was a really big help with the dinner, soing many things that her great-grandma needed help with, since Grandma's back wasn't up to speed. She helped with setting and clearing the table, washing a few dishes, watching a baby here and there, getting rid of excess Reddi-Whip....

I put this one in here because I thought it was a cute picture--Josie and her great-grandma Croft (who everyone calls Grandmother). I know she looks too young to be a great, but she is! I hope she enjoyed the crashing of her house this weekend by nine kids under 12 and four adults who had just as much fun as the kids.

2 comments:

ingletg said...

What a fun Holiday dinner - and you didn't even have to clean up your own house! That's the best thing to be thankful for, believe me. There's nothing like a gaggle of cousins for fun and adventure! I love dthis blog!

roberta said...

Hey, your mom and I are thinking alike. I am loving this too, and I am not even around any of you to enjoy this. I do have to say though, I see your kids now more than I use too. That Hannah is so you. I sometimes have to pinch myself to realize it isn't you, but your daughter.

That Josie is a cutie. Oh, the fun of those days. For me it was dogs and kids.

I am glad you had so much fun. Love ya, Auntie Berta